Special Needs Housing
Allied Argenta has a mission of providing housing for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. It works closely with its partners to develop a caring community for adults with special needs. These communities provide residents with quality, safe, affordable housing and an environment where residents may thrive and further develop their social and independent living skills. We feel that in order to provide such housing we need to partner with other agencies able to provide critical services to assist Allied in developing a safe and active living environment for our residents.
Our goal is to leverage our industry expertise and passion with the need for safe, quality, affordable housing options for adults with developmental disabilities.
- Structure financing for Allied and partner projects
- Provide quality ground-up and rehabilitation construction services
- Facilitate solutions by promoting greater discussion between all stakeholders
Multifamily Set Aside: As affordable housing developers specializing in new construction and rehabilitation opportunities, our goal is to set aside units within some of our existing and future multifamily projects for those with special needs. Our commitment is to work with the local service providers to address the needs of families and individuals by setting aside some of our units for adults with special needs.
Mixed Population with Seniors: Through our research, we found that Seniors are very compatible with adults with special needs. After conversations with key stakeholders, Allied found that a supportive housing model with multiple studios, 1 and 2-bedroom units would provide a safe, independent living environment for Seniors as along with adults with special needs.
Some Important Characteristics of the Housing Models
- Provide quality housing in a communal environment for those within the 60% Area Median Income (AMI) and below (most residents will be within the 30% range due to limited SSI and/or part-time/full-time employment at a minimum wage as their sole source of income).
- Explore LIHTC to finance the development of housing, leveraged with grants, soft funds, private financing, as well as donated land when possible.
- Work with the community to provide amenities encouraging social activities and space for service delivery
- Direct communication with local service providers